Seriously about me

My photo
I refuse to describe myself as "just an ordinary guy". My opinions are my own but far from ordinary. This is my attempt (and first at that) at lets just say, venting about things I come across in day to day life that catch my attention. They could be inspiring, a true rant or sometimes just random neurons I put words to. Whatever it is, it should be a different and exciting journey. Well, at least for me. I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Journey

What a wonderful conversation I had with a friend today. We talked about "life's journey". Interesting topic. Thousands of books, poems and songs have been written on how to determine your path in life. How to choose your path. How to find the "end".

I believe there are two camps of thought on this. First are those that believe that the ultimate glory in the journey is the what lies at the end. Whether you believe in Heaven/Hell, Nirvana, or maybe just another chance at this life again, you know that what lies at the end is why you have travelled this path. The second group are those that believe that the path itself is where joy is derived. They don't know what lies at the end and they care not, for its the choices in paths that drive them. They believe in the old Chinese proverb "The journey IS the reward".

Yes, I know that both of these groups have their feet on both sides at times, but only one of these thoughts drive how they live. It drives their ambitions, their dreams and their very existence.

Which one are you?

I will leave you today with two quotes.

The first might sum up where I believe I am today. “I haven't a clue as to how my story will end. But that's all right. When you set out on a journey and night covers the road, you don't conclude the road has vanished. And how else could we discover the stars?”

And the last is for everyone to remember, especially in dealing with others and their own journeys. “All of life is a journey which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.”

I hope you treasure your path and reach your intended destination.

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment